Munch and Sip!
Browse quick recipes,
food 'n restaurant reviews.
Home » » How to make your POTATO MOJOS ala Shakey's

How to make your POTATO MOJOS ala Shakey's

Written By Spicy Trekker on Monday 24 September 2012 | 07:58


If you think Shakey's Potato Mojos are expensive but you just can't get enough of them, well, its very easy to cook them at home.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1-2 cups fresh milk
  • 4 potatoes
  • cayenne pepper
  • chili powder
  • 1.5 cups cooking oil


EQUIPMENT:

  • bowl
  • plate
  • deep fryer or frying pan


PROCEDURE:
1) Clean the potatoes first by washing them thoroughly in running water.

2) Remain the potatoes unpeeled and slice them in 1/2 inch thick.
(**remember don't slice them too thinly because we want to have them soft but crispy at the edges)

3) In a bowl, pour the milk and soak the sliced potatoes in(making sure every slice is submerged under the milk). Set aside in the refrigerator for atleast 30mins. so the dairy flavor will seep in the potato effectively.
yep, milk makes it so tasty!

4) After setting them aside, mix cayenne pepper, chili powder and flour in a plate. Put the soaked potatos in the flour mixture.
flour mixture w/ cayenne pepper & chili powder

5) Prepare the cooking oil in the deep fryer/frying pan and wait until the oil gets hot (there should be bubbling).

6) Fry the flour covered potatos in the pan until it gets golden brown.

7) Munch in the soft center and crispy edges of your very own Potato Mojos!

my DIY Potato Mojos indeed tastes like Shakey's!

HEALTHY TIP:

Deep frying takes in so much cooking oil. Place kitchen napkins/tissues in the Serving plate so it will be easy for the potatoes to release the excess oil.
SHARE

About Spicy Trekker

Hi! I'm Dominique! I admit I am not a good cook but I do love to eat the best food there is. I call myself a person with a "discriminating taste". I try to learn simple recipes to satisfy my discerning taste buds. Fitness hinders my desire for binge eating but I always find time to get my daily slice of cake.

1 comments :