Munch and Sip!
Browse quick recipes,
food 'n restaurant reviews.
Home » » Sipping craze on Cold Milk Teas

Sipping craze on Cold Milk Teas

Written By Spicy Trekker on Sunday 17 June 2012 | 09:38

Oh yes, milk tea in the Philippines is one of the beverage craze since last year and it is until now! It was only recently that I have sipped cold milk tea from several stores. It was my sister who first influenced me to drink more of this stuff! Although it is healthy for the body, I admit that drinking too much of it can make you fat! Especially if you order the fancy flavored ones.

So I'll jot down a list of my TOP milk tea flavors:
1) Nai Cha by Chowking
Many would have taunted me that this is the number one. But I chose Nai Cha of Chowking for sentimental reasons. It was the very first milk tea I have tasted and loved when I was still in college since 2004. My college bestfriend and I would always eat at Chowking and would only order two things - the King's Congee and the Nai Cha. And until now, even if the serving of this tea has reduced in size, I would still order it with every meal I eat at Chowking. ☺

2) Wintermelon by Moonleaf
which costs Php 75 and I add Php10 for additional
"Wintermelon" flavored milk tea by Moonleaf
 Nata De Coco (love it more than Sago)

The nearest Moonleaf store from our house is outside Don Antonio Village which is across Ever Gotesco Commonwealth. It is only a small tea shop situated at the second floor of Elorde Gym & a Tapsilogan. The other Moonleaf teashops I have visited is in E.Rodriguez Sr. Ave that is near Waltermart Quezon City. It was such a refreshing and relief to drink this after I was out on a sunny fieldwork! It was like heaven when I sipped its bittersweetness along with the sourness of its Nata De Coco! I definitely came back at Moonleaf eversince.






"Autumn" flavored milk tea by Zentea
3) Autumn by Zentea
 I haven't bought here yet. My sisters just went home and brought me this twice already and I'm loving it already! The taste is quite similar with Wintermelon but its tea is much stronger. I also love how cold the drink was.
 Zentea is also outside Don Antonio village!

**Take note: there are like four tea shops along the road of Don Antonio!


4) Milk Tea in Cookies & Cream by Happy Lemon
Just hearing the brand's name makes me want to buy from them! Happy Lemon was the first milktea shop that got my officemates crazy. Since I was working with sales people, usually they have Happy Lemon deliver to the office!

As observation, all of their milk tea variants have the same liquid taste. The taste only differs with the additional ingredient. For example, both flavors below have the same taste.
"Milk Tea in Cookies&Cream" by Happy Lemon
"Milk Tea with Puff Cream" by Happy Lemon
5) Thailand Milk Tea (sample by MyThai restaurant)
I like how authentic the taste of Thai milk tea has in which I can't compare with any other milk teas sold in common stores.
Thai Milk Tea by MY THAI restaurant
6) Coffee flavored Milk Tea by Karate Kid 
The taste is simple but satisfying.


#
7) BubbaTealicious
The tea is not that strong but truly refreshing.

Finally, the milk tea below is not sold at any store! It is of my own doing! Because I love cold milk teas so much, we made our own homemade sweetened sago and mixed it with our own tea concoction. Nothing beats homemade goodness!

SHARE

About Spicy Trekker

Hi! I'm Dominique! I admit I am not a good cook but I do love to eat the best food there is. I call myself a person with a "discriminating taste". I try to learn simple recipes to satisfy my discerning taste buds. Fitness hinders my desire for binge eating but I always find time to get my daily slice of cake.

0 comments :

Post a Comment